A valid library card (one with less than $25.00 in charges) is required to check out, renew, or request library materials. Your library card can be used in any public library in Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary’s counties. Loan policies and rules may vary for each county.
Requesting Items Online Using Your Library Card
To request an item online:
- Using the online catalog, locate the item you wish to request.
- Click “Place Hold/Request” on the right side of the screen.
- Type in your library card barcode number or username.
- Type in your password (formerly known as a PIN).
- Select library from Pickup Library.
- Edit the Activation Date – Activation date should be changed in the event that you’re going on vacation and don’t want the hold to come in while you’re gone.
- Click “Submit Request” to place the hold.
Personal Identification Numbers – Your PIN
Your PIN is a Personal Identification Number attached to your library account. Every library card also has a PIN that goes with it. The PIN is almost always a four-digit number. You may have chosen this number or it may have been randomly assigned to you. If you don’t know your PIN, try entering the word “CHANGE” in all capital letters. This is often a default if you don’t remember creating a PIN.
Changing Your PIN
There are two ways to change your PIN. First, you can come to the library with your library card and a valid photo ID and ask us to change your PIN.
From home, please follow these steps:
- Go to the online catalog.
- Click My Account.
- Click My Record.
- Enter your username/barcode and password and then click Log In.
- Click Change Logon.
- Checkmark one of the options (Username or Password).
- Click Save
If you have any questions regarding your library card – please contact the library.