The Waldorf West branch of the Charles County Public Library is now a Passport Acceptance Facility. Below is everything you need to know about the process, hours of operation and what you need to bring with you to ensure a seamless application process.
For application forms, full documentation requirements, fees and travel warnings, visit the U.S. Department of State web site or call 877/487-2778.
Para obtener Informacion en Español
Waldorf West Branch
10405 O’Donnell Pl
Waldorf, MD 20603
- The applicant, including infants and children, must be present.
- Proof of citizenship – Examples:
- a birth certificate issued by the government featuring an official seal,
signature, and names of both parents. Hospital certificates and photocopies
are not accepted.
- a Naturalization Certificate
- a previous U.S. passport
- a Permanent Resident Card is also required for children of Naturalized parent
Please note: Original documents will be sent to the State Department, but will be returned to the applicant by mail.
- Current proof of identity – Example: valid driver’s license/State ID/Government or Military ID.
- Photocopies of proof of citizenship and identification: You must submit a photocopy of your proof of citizenship, as well as the front and back of your identification. The copies can be in color or in black & white. CCPL can make photocopies of your passport documents free of charge.
- Separate payment for Department of State and Charles County Public Library fees – Processing fees must be paid by check or money order, ONLY, to the U.S. Department of State. Execution fees can be paid by cash, money order, or credit/debit card to Charles County Public Library. No checks will be accepted for the execution fee to CCPL and no cash/credit will be accepted for the passport fee to the State Department.
- A completed, UNSIGNED application – Passport Application DS-11 must contain no cross-outs, white-out, or errors of any kind and must be completed in BLACK ink. Applications can be found HERE.
- ONE color passport photograph, two-inches square, taken within the last six months, sharp focus with a white background.
- Any previous U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card, unless it was lost or stolen. Please bring evidence in support of a name change, if applicable.
- Two parents with proof of relationship for applicants age 0-15; or a parent with a notarized consent form DS-3053 and copy of both sides of non-appearing parent’s ID. Proof includes birth certificates and adoption papers.
- One parent for minors 16-17.
Other additional cases
- For customers requesting ‘hand-carry’ service: letter of authorization and proof of travel are required.
- For children deriving citizenship through parents: parent’s naturalization certificate, child’s permanent resident card and child’s birth certificate are required. If the birth certificate is not in English, a certified English translation is required. Parents’ marriage certificate is also needed.
- Charles County Public Library does NOT process the renewals via form DS-82. Persons eligible to use this form should mail it in themselves. If you would like to process the renewal through the library, please fill out form DS-11.
Additional information and estimated processing times are available from the Department of State.
The following businesses offer passport photo services:
- US Post Office locations
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center
- UPS Store
Please bring a check (no starter checks) or money order written to the U.S. Department of State for the state fee. For the library fee, Charles County Public Library accepts money orders, cash or credit/debit cards. No checks will be accepted for the execution fee to CCPL and no cash/credit will be accepted for the passport fee to the State Department.
State Department Fees
Make check/money order payable to the Department of State
Make money order payable to Charles County Public Library. Credit/debit or cash will also be accepted.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Please note that Execution Fees are the same at all Passport Acceptance Facilities.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State Passport and International Travel website for further information on applying for a passport.
Important note: If you need a passport expedited, you must apply at a passport agency or center, you must make an appointment, bring proof of immediate international travel in the next 14 days, and pay an additional $60 expedite fee. You will need to apply in person at the Washington Passport Agency. Call 877/487-2778 to schedule an appointment. The address is 600 19th St. NW, First Floor – Sidewalk Level, Washington, D.C. 20006. For updated information regarding regular and expedited wait times go HERE.
Passport renewals will not be processed by CCPL staff. Most renewals are available by mail. Please check your renewal eligibility HERE.