Charles County Public Library offers a various amount of services for Charles County citizens.
- Ask Us Now: This is our virtual reference service that is available 24/7 to assist with research or homework questions.
- Beanstack: Beanstack provides book recommendations, the ability to log and review books you’ve read and access to our online programs like the Summer Reading Program and the Winter Reading Program for Adults.
- Catalog and databases
- Charging stations: We have charging stations at the following branches:
P.D. Brown Memorial Branch: Charging table with power and USB.
Waldorf West Branch: Charging workstations with power.
- Copy/scan/fax machines
- Foundation Center
- Marina: This is our interlibrary loan services. If you cannot find an item at any three of our counties (Charles, Calvert, St. Marys), check this site and you may be able to locate it at one of the libraries in Maryland.
- Meeting Room Reservations
- MVA Permit Practice Test: Need to practice before you take your Permit Test at the MVA? This will help you get comfortable with taking a test online and prepare you for success.
- Mobile Services: Are you a daycare and want a librarian to come and do a monthly story time at your daycare center? Are you unable to drive and not able to checkout materials from the library? Mobile services is here for you and would love to bring you information!
- Print and non-print materials for all ages
- Programs for all ages
- Public computers and printing capabilities
- Wireless Internet (WiFi): WiFi is available at every Charles County Public Library branch.
- Computer training: We have weekly programs that will help you brush up on your Microsoft Office skills.
- eReader assistance: Did you receive a eReader as a gift or did you recently purchase one? Contact one of our branches and we can help you with any questions.
- Job search assistance: We have dedicated staff that is waiting to help you find that job.
- Tax Preparation (some restrictions): Contact us during tax season to see if you qualify.
- Resume help: Need help with your resume? Contact one of our branches and set up an appointment.