Welcome to the Small Business Center at the Charles County Public Library. You can access the Center during regular library hours. It is located in Group Room #1 on the second floor of the Waldorf West Library. When you arrive, bring your Charles County Public Library card to the Reference Desk and request access to the Center.
The Small Business Center strives to meet the needs of the entrepreneur by providing materials on how to plan, finance, organize, operate and market a small business.
1) Use one of our online business databases:
- Business Source Premier: full-text of more than 2,200 business research journals; market research, industry and country reports; company profiles; and SWOT analyses
- Encyclopedia of Small Business: how-to information that entrepreneurs can apply to their own business
- Regional Business News: full text for nearly 100 regional U.S. and Canadian business publications
- U.S. Census Bureau’s American Fact Finder: housing, population, economic and geographic data
2) Browse information available in The Vision Center including:
- Charles County Chamber of Commerce Directory.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Resource Guide for Small Business.
- Business structures, small business organizations, and where to find demographic and market research.
- Small business resources and loan opportunities available through Charles County, the Internal Revenue Service, and the College of Southern Maryland.
3) Attend one of our small business workshops, some of our most recent workshops include:
- Celebrate Black Business Month
- Social Media Magic
- Visual Literacy: A Graphic Design Crash Course
- IRS Small Business Resource Start-up Tips
- Business Plans for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Small Business Start-up Resources
4) Book one of our many Meeting Rooms for your next business meeting, training, or conference!
Check out some of these online resources for starting and growing your small business!
- How to Start a Business in Maryland
- SCORE Online Workshops
- SCORE Southern Maryland
- IRS Small Business Online Learning
- Small Business Webinars
- SBA Learning Center
- Rural Business Innovation Initiative (RBI2)
- Small Business Development Center- Southern Region (SBDC)
- University of Maryland’s School of Business
Upcoming Small Business Programs
No events at this time. Please check back soon!