Welcome to the Small Business Center at the Charles County Public Library. You can access the Center during regular library hours. It is located in Group Room #1 on the second floor of the Waldorf West Library. When you arrive, bring your Charles County Public Library card to the Reference Desk and request access to the Center.
The Small Business Center strives to meet the needs of the entrepreneur by providing materials on how to plan, finance, organize, operate and market a small business.
1) Use one of our online business databases:
2) Browse information available in The Vision Center including:
- Charles County Chamber of Commerce Directory.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Resource Guide for Small Business.
- Business structures, small business organizations, and where to find demographic and market research.
- Small business resources and loan opportunities available through Charles County, the Internal Revenue Service, and the College of Southern Maryland.
3) Attend one of our small business workshops, some of our most recent workshops include:
- Celebrate Black Business Month
- Social Media Magic
- Visual Literacy: A Graphic Design Crash Course
- IRS Small Business Resource Start-up Tips
- Business Plans for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Small Business Start-up Resources
4) Book one of our many Meeting Rooms for your next business meeting, training, or conference!