CCPL Job Offers
Public Service Associate Position (part-time) – La Plata Branch
Closes Friday, December 20th
Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees – 2 vacancies
The Charles County Commissioners are seeking County residents to fill 2 vacancies for the Board of Trustees.
Description: The Library Board of Trustees is made up of citizen members. The task of the Board is to deal with all aspects of the library, including services, staff, rules and regulations and other functions for the proper delivery of library services. The Board meets on the first Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Members serve four-year terms.
Applications are available on the Charles County Governement website at: http://www.charlescounty.org/
Job and Career Search Engines
- CollegeGrad: A site where grads can look for entry level positions, explore different careers, and has tips for resumes and interviews.
- Maryland Workforce Exchange Jobs
- Neuvoo: Neuvoo is a job search engine that indexes jobs directly for free from companies’ career websites, placement agencies and job boards. We centralize all jobs available on the web to help people find new career opportunities, so we are much like the Google for jobs.
- USA Jobs
Other Useful Sites
- JobScan: This site is designed to help you get past the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) or resume scanner. Copy & Paste your resume and a job description into the two boxes and you’ll get instant feedback telling you what to prioritize, what you might be missing, and what changes you can make to get past the resume screeners.
- TagCrowd: Copy and paste job ads and descriptions into this word cloud site to see what terms are being used most frequently, you may want to include some of these terms into your resume!
Resume and Cover Letter Writing
Volunteering at CCPL is a great way to get involved in the community, share your talent, and impress future employers. If you are between the ages of 12-18, there are a variety of projects you can assist with at the library:
- Help prepare story time crafts
- Shelf reading (making sure books are in the right order)
- Learn how to make simple book repairs.
- On-going commitment to volunteer a few hours a week.
- Requires a background check.
- Limited spots available.
How do I become a Volunteer?
- Speak to a Children’s Librarian or Young Adult Librarian at your local branch to inquire about openings.
- Complete a Teen Volunteer Application
- Please note that we are not always able to take on new volunteers and that these positions are unpaid.